Family Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Pain Clinic
Position summary: This position works closely with the physicians under a collaborative practice agreement to
provide evaluation and management of chronic pain patients in the clinic. Works with physicians, other clinicians and office manager in the operation of the clinic.
Provide pain management care to patients as allowed under the Missouri Nurse Practitioner Act and the Missouri Board of Healing Arts.
- Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program leading to a Master’s Degree and/or meets the Advanced Nursing Practice requirements set forth by the Missouri State Board of Nursing
- Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program for licensure
- No experience other than clinical training required
- Current licensure as an APRN in the state of Missouri
- Currently certified or eligible for certification by the ANCC or other primary care certifier approved by the ANCC.
- Current licensure as a Physician Assistant in the state of Missouri
- Must maintain current ACLS
- Provide pain management care to patients as allowed under the Missouri Nurse Practitioner Act and the Missouri State Board of Healing arts.
- Practice within the scope of practice as delineated by the Practitioner’s education and experience
- Function with general medical direction and in collaboration with the Medical Director and any other physician that she may have a Collaborative Practice Agreement with in accordance with Clinic policies
- Assist with developing, carrying out, and reviewing Clinic policies, protocols, and Collaborative Practice Agreement
- Participate in quarterly chart audits.
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to use computer
- Familiarity with proper CPT and ICD-10 coding practices
- Ability to clearly and accurately document patient visits
Reporting to this position:
LPN/Medical assistant staff