PARAMEDIC - Ambulance
Full Time - Starting at $58,542.00 per year
To provide quality care to the sick and injured patients presenting to the Emergency Room and any patient with Ambulance calls within the Macon County or surrounding areas that have requested mutual aid. This position will coordinate with other employees within the department and ER and with other departments within the Hospital to insure quality care is priority. This position will also have to coordinate with others Medical personnel and others outside this facility when responding and handling EMS calls.
Provide the Paramedic with written performance expectations while working in the pre-hospital and Emergency Room settings.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience preferred but not required
- Valid Missouri Driver’s License
- Current Missouri Paramedic License
- Current BCLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
- Current PALS or PEEP certification preferred but not required
Position responsibilities in ER:
- Provide care in a non-judgmental, non discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the pediatric, adult or elderly patient’s and family’s diversity; preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Assist with or provide direct patient care to the sick or injured within the ER under the direction of RN, and Emergency Room Physician.
- Provide care within scope of practice as a Paramedic of the State of MO.
- Provide any assistance requested or inquire with others that could assist with other departments and or patients or quest to the Hospital.
- Provide courtesy to all within the Hospital patients, staff, and guest.
- Assist with others or ability to register patients to the ER, Lab, X-Ray, RT, and any other outpatient areas, and if need be able to process orders for procedures within those areas.
- Is familiar with Hospital and ER policies and procedures.
- Assist with other and ability to document procedures, vital signs, patient triage and anything else that would pertain to patient care while in the ER.
- Assist with or coordinate with other within the department in cleaning and preparing rooms for patient use, including and not limited to cleaning up biohazards, linens, instruments, equipment, and room readiness for next patient.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position responsibilities as Paramedic for Ambulance:
- Familiar with and follow Macon County Ambulance District Protocols.
- Familiar with and follow Macon County Ambulance District SOG’s.
- Provide care in the pre-hospital setting in a non-judgmental, non discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the pediatric, adult or elderly patient’s and family’s diversity; preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Safe operation of all ambulances as per MCAD SOG’s, and equipment on ambulances.
- Properly stock and supply and clean ambulances after each ambulance call to maintain ambulance state of readiness.
- Register all ambulance run patients appropriately.
- Properly document all ambulance runs made.
- Maintain all licensures and certifications required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential skills and experience:
- Basic computer literacy.
- Able to use computer system according to Hospital policies.
- Must be able to effectively communicate clearly with appropriate tone with all patients, staff, and the community either in person, via phone or radio.
- Must be familiar and able to demonstrate all equipment on ambulances.
- Must maintain a professional appearance as outlined in Hospital policies.
- Must be able to meet the physical abilities requirements of the position.
- Ability to analyze situations, and make recommendations and decisions using critical thinking skills.
Reporting to this position: