BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
April 26, 2022
Members Present: Keith Maloney, Dan Coons, Patricia Knowles, Jim Simon, Rusty Neill
Members Absent: Patricia Knowles
Others Present: Jill Williams, Carli Taylor, Sarah Middleton, Dr. McDowell, Jane Young
- Minutes from the March 29, 2022 Meeting
- Executive Minutes from March 29, 2022 Meeting
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts to the Attorney
- Quality Assurance
- Patient Satisfaction Results
- Executive Monthly Report
Dan motioned to accept the consent agenda. Jim seconded and passed unanimously.
- Other Old Business – New Ambulance Director Troy Mihalevich will start on May 2. Keith stated that the Ambulance board would like Jill to attend the next Ambulance meeting on May 17th. Jill plans to attend to introduce Troy.
- Financial Report- Carli shared the financial reports for March. March had a loss of ($110,010) in the month, compared to prior year net profit of $270,392. YTD net loss of ($201,843) compared to prior YTD net loss of ($8,630). Rusty motioned to accept the financials as presented. Dan seconded. Motion carried.
- Medical Staff Minutes/ Applications – Dr. McDowell covered the minutes from the April 13, 2022 Medical staff meeting. The applications for approval: New Applications – Dr. Dr. Costello, Heather Frisbie, CRNA, Dr. Murray, Dr. Wright, Amanda Wilford, FNP. Renewal Applications– Dr. Burdin, Dr. Glanton, Brooke Sprague, FNP. Rusty motioned to approve the staff minutes as well as the applications recommended by the Medical Staff. Jim seconded. Motion carried.
- Infection Control/ Pharmacy & Therapeutic Minutes – The minutes were available for the boards review.
- HR Report– The HR report for the first quarter of 2022 was reviewed and discussed.
- Appointment of Antibiotic Stewardship Program Leader – Dr. McDowell as the Chief of Medical Staff, recommended appointing Osvaldo Enriquez, RPh to serve in the role of Antibiotic Stewardship Program Leader for Samaritan Hospital. His job description, education, licensure, training and experience contained in his personnel file. Dan moved to approve the appointment of Osvaldo Enriquez, RPh as recommended by Dr. McDowell. Rusty seconded. Motion carried.
- Public Participation – none
- Other New Business - It is time to hold a Strategic Planning Session in September or October. The last week of September looks good for the Board of Trustees. Jill will work with the facilitator to arrange a date.
Keith motioned to move into Executive Session. Dan seconded. Voting in favor of the motion were Keith, Rusty, Jim, and Dan. None opposed.
Keith motioned to adjourn the Executive Session, Dan seconded and passed unanimously.
With no further business, Dan motioned to adjourn the regular meeting. Rusty seconded and passed unanimously.